IMI Level 2-3 Electric & Hybrid Vehicle System Repair & Replacement
The IMI Electric & Hybrid Vehicle course is delivered by highly qualified and experienced technicians, and designed to give those who encounter electric vehicles the knowledge and skills required to work safely while carrying out diagnostics, testing, operation, maintenance, repair and replacement activities. This may include vehicles that had damage to their high energy/electrical system.
Successful candidates will gain an IMI-certified qualification. Places are strictly limited to ensure your training is of a high-quality, and maximise time spent working on the system and on vehicles.
EV2.2 / Level 2
- Electric vehicle system components and operation.
- Hazards surrounding electric vehicles.
- How to reduce the risks to yourself and others when working on electric vehicles.
- Safely preparing the vehicle when carrying routine maintenance (NOT high voltage components or systems).
EV3 / Level 3
- Working safely on an electric or hybrid vehicle.
- Using information to carry out the task.
- Carrying out repairs on high-energy electrical systems.
- Recording information and making suitable recommendations.
As a result, learners who successfully complete this course will acquire significant core knowledge and skills and the ability to remove and replace Electric/Hybrid vehicle high voltage components.
This course is for learners who have an interest in gaining the knowledge to work safely when carrying out repair activities on Electric/Hybrid vehicle high voltage systems.
It is designed for those people who may encounter electric/hybrid vehicles within a routine maintenance situation. The course also contains the knowledge and skills required to work safely around a vehicle that may have had damage to its high energy/electrical system.
No previous qualifications are required, but individuals interested in taking this course will need to possess appropriate vehicle maintenance and repair knowledge.
The course is delivered with independent workshops in mind, in our brand new training suite in Wrexham. Students can put the theory learned in our classroom, into practice in the workshop next door.
Automotive Training Academy – Unit A9, Abbey Close, Wrexham LL13 9XG